Open Systems Flexibility
EIF is designed with the flexibility to accommodate many different types of data transfers. The solution can be used for complete ERP database migration from one system to another, or for application-to-application data exchanges such as updating your payroll system with time card information from GLOVIA G2 Work Orders. With EIF you can use spreadsheet information from your PC application to create or modify budgets quickly within various GLOVIA G2 applications. You can also move files from CAD/CAM systems on other platforms into GLOVIA G2 Engineering to maintain the latest production configurations. EIF also serves as an interface for batch data collections systems and supports the flat-file structure required for EDI transactions.
EIF is a complete self-documenting system and provides standard reports on EIF-created files, functions and processing logic. The solution also provides a data dictionary in addition to cross-reference reports indicating where files and functions are used.
Simplified Data Transfer
A Data Exchange Function enables the precise mapping of data fields from a source file into a target file. Data can be split into multiple files or combined from multiple sources into a single file. The ERP data migration system provides options that allow you to define input/output and calculated fields easily. With standard PRO-IV logic, you can also define your own validations, conversions, file updates and error handling procedures – all without customized software or expensive programming resources.
EIF offers a variety of utilities for compiling, copying, deleting and debugging functions created within EIF. A support utility allows you to copy whole file definitions or selected file segments. Using these productivity aids, you can easily create similar versions of complex files for different uses. EIF also gives you the ability to define security controls that govern and protect access to your enterprise database.
Flexible File Design and Mapping
The EIF ERP data migration module gives the tools to define and maintain the external files normally used to “bridge” or hold data as it moves to and from GLOVIA G2. In most cases, these will be flat-files defined within the GLOVIA G2 environment for being interfaced to, or processed by other non-GLOVIA applications. EIF supports three levels of data definition: data dictionary variables, segments containing multiple variables and physical files that may be composed of both variables and segments.
Once a file is designed, EIF data exchange functions are used to map the data transfer path between GLOVIA G2 and the external file for error-free information transfer. EIF also supports the looping logic that is required for many EDI transactions such as purchase orders, which contain multiple line items.
Data Exchange Design
- Input/output file definitions
- Map data from input to output files
- Split input records into multiple output files
- Combine multiple input records into a single output file
- Logic statements for data selection or conversion
- “Looping” logic for EDI
Manage File Types
- Relational Database systems
- Logical and physical name
- Path and file extension
- Field type definitions including external data variables, segments, and record control variables
- Data formats for alpha, numeric, date, time, and user-defined
- Definition of data storage by field type
- Define groups of data fields by segment for EDI
Generate Exchange Programs and Files
- Create PRO-IV functions and files
- Logic debugging aids
- EIF data dictionary
- Define variables for use in multiple files
- Define data attributes
- Search function for variables
- Create customized help text
Utilities and Installation Options
- Export or import EIF functions, files and specifications
- Execute operating system-level commands from EIF
- Add new EIF variables to GLOVIA G2 data dictionary
- Use standard GLOVIA G2 file definitions for EIF external file formats
- Change security and production status through EIF
Inquiries and Reports
- External files
- External segments
- External data dictionary
- EIF functions
- EIF function dictionary
- EIF file and function cross reference
Download GLOVIA data sheet for more information about the ERP data migration capabilities of the GLOVIA G2 External Interface Facility.Download
ERP Success Stories
Manufacturers in varied industries around the world rely on GLOVIA to provide flexible, reliable and affordable solutions to manage their operations.