Powerful Production Scheduling Software
Master scheduling requires ongoing analysis, measurement and adjustment to achieve revenue goals and to allocate material and resources profitably. The Master Production Scheduling module gives you a set of powerful software tools for material and resource planning, analysis, and performance measurement.
The planning cockpit offers an extremely visual, highly productive user experience that provides immediate access to information in all areas necessary for successful production planning/scheduling management, including sales demand, and planned and committed production and purchased supply. This gives planners, analysts and program managers the ability to react quickly and easily to any exceptions that may occur. It provides for the rapid creation and update of supply orders based on the MPS planning recommendations.
A complete multi-level product structure displays the supply order recommendations and exception details for all items and raw materials used in the manufacture of an item. This production planning software module displays visual images of each item selected for action, providing for increased productivity and reducing the likelihood of mistakes. Color coding is used to display the importance/severity of the exception. With a single click of a button the user can process any selected master production scheduling recommendations. Where supply shortages or delays are anticipated, the ‘Where-used’ feature of the planning cockpit provides instant multi-level visibility of the items, products, production orders, sales demands and customers that will be affected by that delay.
What If Simulation and Scheduling Cycles
The what if simulation capability in this production planning software module provides the ability to analyze alternate planning approaches using current or simulated data. Because no single view of your supply and demand data can satisfy all of your planning needs, the Master Production Scheduling software module enables you to create and maintain an unlimited number of planning scenarios: one for near-term deliveries, another for long-range production capacities, and so on. Each cycle provides a unique view of the information, which is essential to developing your factory’s priorities.
Instant Available-to-Promise Information
Your customer has an emergency requirement for an item that is in critical demand. Can you make the shipment? The Master Production Scheduling software module’s on-line available-to-promise (ATP) feature allows you to investigate up-to-the-minute product availability instantly.
Planning in Hours, Minutes and Seconds
- Most ERP packages only plan in days. This production scheduling software offers planning capabilities in hours, minutes and seconds.
- In high volume businesses, it is not uncommon for stock turns of certain items to be less than a day. GLOVIA G2 Master Production Scheduling has been designed to manage high-volume production and the supply needs that go along with that.
- Lead times can be defined and planning conducted in hours, minutes and seconds.
- Multiple supply orders/releases/call-offs can be generated in a single day to fulfill multiple demands at different times of the day.
Cross Company and Cross Plant Planning
- The option to net supplies and demands separately within each plant/warehouse or to net the consolidated results is provided.
- Netting across companies that are separate financial entities also is possible.
Netting Based on Distribution Centers’ Re-order Points
- GLOVIA G2’s Master Production Scheduling software module can predict when distribution center replenishments will be required to ensure that raw materials are available at the manufacturing/supply units.
- In environments where raw materials have long lead times and/or re-order points in the distribution center vary with time — It is possible to net the demands and time varying re-order point quantities for the distribution centers, and predict when the replenishments will be required and, more importantly, when the raw materials will need to be ordered.
Performance Measurement Planning Bill of Materials
- GLOVIA G2’s Master Production Scheduling software module provides a “snapshot” estimation of the profit or loss that your build plan will yield.
- Performance analysis can be based on current or simulated data. This helps you focus on areas of maximum payback and set priorities before committing critical resources.
Master Production Scheduling
- Multiple scheduling cycles
- What-if analysis
- Master schedule items at any level
- Independent and dependent demands
- Spares item scheduling
- Time fence controls for each item level
- Planned orders
- Distinct or repetitive/release-based supply order creation for manufactured, transferred and purchased items
- Integrated with projects
- Honors multi-level material planningCreation of manufacturing ordersActivity planned in hours and minutes
- Reschedule open commitments to suggested due date
- Highlights items with due/overdue for order creation
- Overstock exceptionsCancellations suggested
- Sensitivity filters control the volume and types of exceptions
Rough-Cut Capacity Planning
- Simulated rough-cut planning based on representative routings, critical resources and their capacities.
- Forecast Demand, Consumption and Planning BOM’s
- Automatic generation of repeating forecast based on quantities, intervals, and datesForecasts optionally consumed by orders
- Planning by model, product, or family groupComponent mix percentages
- Forecasts generated from planning bills
Download FUJITSU GLOVIA data sheet for more information about the GLOVIA G2 Master Production Scheduling (MPS) software module for manufacturing.Download
ERP Success Stories
Manufacturers in varied industries around the world rely on Fujitsu Glovia to provide flexible, reliable and affordable solutions to manage their operations.